Oct 30, 2009

"Leftover Squash" Soup

I have never attempted squash soup before but decided to a couple of days ago! I had about 2c. of buttercup squash leftover from dinner the other night,
(that's the one that looks like this if you get confused
about squash names like I do)I wanted to try making soup from it but couldn't find a recipe for using leftover squash so... I decided to wing it!
It ended up being super easy to make! All I did was:

melt 3T. butter in the bottom of a pot
then add:
1/2 of a small onion chopped
1 stalk of celery chopped
saute' for a few minutes until they are nice and soft
then add:
2 c. of leftover squash
1/2 to 1 c. of chicken broth (my squash was VERY dry so I added about a cup)
1/4 to 1/2 c. milk or cream
Heat until desired temp. and season with salt and pepper!

That's it! It was super tasty and my husband (after giving me strange looks when I told him what we were having) even ate it for super!!
I am thinking of making more and freezing it for those cold winter days when all I feel like eating is SOUP!

Check out this link for more yummy recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I haven't commented latley. The soup sounds yummy! Love the pics of the kids in the leaves. I wish I were taking a photo class... your "homework" pics are great!!! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete